10 simple ways to find happinessAug 02, 2023
If you’re happy and you know it clap your hands – clap clap. Did you clap your hands? Are you truly feeling happy right now in this moment?
I believe that happiness is a choice. I do try to see the glass half full and not half empty, but I have my down days.
Here are 10 effortless ways you can choose happiness. I believe if you intentionally add even 2 of these to your day, you will feel happier and more content.
- Like Yourself and Enjoy Your Own Company. If you don’t like yourself, how can you expect anyone else to like you? Enjoy your own company. This step alone will allow you to be the happiest person you know.
- Smile. As an image consultant the first thing I have to say about smiling is good hygiene. When your teeth are brushed, breath is fresh, and lips aren’t chapped, you feel more like smiling. Smile at strangers and they can’t help but smile back. You can’t help but feel happier when you smile.
- Affirmations. I’m a big believer in affirmations. These are statements that describe a goal as if you have already completed it such as “I am happy, healthy and whole.” You can easily write your own affirmations. Start with the words I am. Use the present tense and state it in the positive. There are also lots of apps on affirmations so they can pop up during the day to remind you to read them.
- Play, Believe, and Dream. Play relieves stress, improves your brain function, and improves relationships and connections to others. Play will allow you to dream and believe that anything is possible. Play will help you be more creative, will give you more energy and help you be more confident to achieve your next big thing which leads to happiness.
- Sleep. Getting seven or eight hours a night should increase your energy and decrease moodiness thus making you a happier person.
- Gratitude Journal. Nothing makes you feel happier than an attitude of gratitude. Being thankful is one of the key ingredients for living a happy life. I have a gratitude journal and write five things I’m grateful for each day. Today I’m grateful that you are reading my newsletter.
- Hang out with Happy, Positive People. Happiness is contagious so surround yourself with happy, positive people who share your values, goals, and dreams. Toxic relationships need to be kept at a distance or broken off.
- Quiet Time. This means no television, internet, or people around. I like to have my quiet time early in the morning. As little as 15 minutes you could write in your gratitude journal, meditate, read your affirmations, and think good thoughts while sipping on your cup of coffee. Start your day off on a happy note.
- Take a Nap. If you feel the need for a recharge, allow yourself time to close your eyes. Keeping them closed for 10 minutes will energize you and keep a smile on your face.
- Help Yourself by Helping Others. The happiest people are ones who make a positive impact on others. If done in the right way, giving can feel good and give you a much-needed boost in your mood.
Today choose to be happy – no matter what. Enjoy!