3 Top Tips for Changing Your MindsetJul 26, 2023
What does it mean to shift a mindset? It is basically a shift in how you think. For example, if you typically think the worst in challenging situations, when you experience a mindset shift, it means that you think more optimistically instead.
One of my favorite mindset shifts was when I went from telling myself that I had to workout to saying I GET to workout. This one-word change made all the difference for me.
The right mindset changes everything because it changes how you look at things. When you change how you look at things, it changes how you feel. When you change how you feel, you change how you think. It is worth your while to work on your mindset and really think about how you think. Changing your mindset can really change results for you.
If you have a big dream or goal for your life, you can get there with the right mindset. Your mindset, beliefs, and the way you think make all the difference in achieving that dream.
Here are my 3 Top Tips for Changing Your Mindset
1. Know Your Good Qualities. You have great qualities, but do you ever think about them? I would suspect most of you spend your mental energy thinking about the qualities you lack. So much of what holds people back is the belief they have about themselves. One of the most common beliefs is not feeling worthy or deserving. I suggest getting a journal and making a list of all your good qualities. This will be an ongoing list. You probably won’t think about all of them at once and sometimes it takes a while to get used to thinking positive about yourself. This is a great shift in mindset. What qood (or great) qualities do you possess? Here are a few examples to get you going.
- Communication skills
- The list can go on and on.
Don’t write them down and forget about them. Revisit this list every morning. Add to it every day. Once you start looking at yourself through the eyes of good qualities you will be amazed at the shift you feel.
2. Empower Yourself. How many times have you felt trapped or that you didn’t have a choice? You don’t always have control over your circumstances, but you have control over two important things:
- Your choices
- Your attitude
Victor Frankl – a Holocaust survivor said, “Everything can be taken from us but one thing: the last of human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”
If this man can make choices when faced with those unfathomable circumstances, surely, we can too.
It is empowering to look at a situation and choose to find the good – look at it from a positive point of view.
It is so empowering to make that choice and decide what attitude you want to take. Choosing to change to a positive mindset not only makes us feel good but makes those around us more comfortable.
Changing your language is so very empowering. Shifting your thinking from “there’s no way” to “there’s always a way” is liberating. Empower yourself whenever you can – on a daily basis. Make it a habit.
3. Where Awareness Goes, Energy Flows. I am a big fan of the Law of Attraction. It truly can manifest your best life. The Law says, “what you think about you bring about.” And that goes for positive and negative thoughts.
What would happen to your garden if you watered the weeds and not the plants? Stop watering the weeds and water the flowers. What you feed gets bigger. Water the flowers and you get flowers. Water the weeds and you get more weeds. Feed your goals and you’ll reach your goals, feed your fears and you’ll get more fear.
This is why I love affirmations. You can state something in the positive, even if you don’t feel it and the more you say it, think it and feel it, the faster it comes to you. Making a habit of reciting daily affirmations can certainly shift a mindset to be more positive.
Here are a few of my favorite affirmations:
- I only eat healthy foods and drink healthy drinks.
- I am grateful for everything in my life.
- I am enough.
- I attract positivity.
- I am worthy of all good things.
- I am beautiful.
- I live in the present.
- I am a capable woman who deserves the best in life.
- It’s my time to shine.
- I am a light in the darkness.
- I am unstoppable.
- I could go on and on with these.
Can you see where one or all three of these tips can shift your mindset about yourself and the world around you? Ready for a mindset shift? You decide who you want to become and how you think. In order to change you have to tell yourself a new story. Look at your good qualities, empower yourself, and water only what you want to grow. I believe in you and that you can do it.