My Thoughts on AgingDec 27, 2022
Are you one that cringes when a birthday rolls around or are you like me and love to celebrate another year? Growing older is a privilege not granted to everyone. And I feel like age is a limit we impose upon ourselves.
After menopause some women start to feel invisible and that they are no longer desirable.
Girl – that mindset needs to shift. NOW!
In 2023 I am excited to start a new online course called the RECIPE to Reverse Aging. Today I want to share with you 3 Tips from that course. These might be the most important tips for you to take into 2023.
1. Food is how we age well. There is no magic pill. This time of year, there are so many advertisements making you think you can take a magic potion and be 20 pounds less in a month. If it sounds too good to be true – it is too good to be true.
Here are some facts:
• You age well eating 90% whole plant-based foods
• A handful of nuts a day can add two years to your life
• One cup of beans can add four plus years to your life expectancy.
• Eating meat only five times a month can add six plus years to your life
2. All people need to be part of a social circle. If you live in a place where you can walk to a coffee shop and meet up with friends – bonus. You are a relational being. You are meant to share life with others. Sometimes it takes effort to get out and be social, but it will add years to your life.
3. The secret to staying young is PLAY. Have excitement and curiosity. It brings a deeper experience to life. Schedule creative time. Ten minutes a day of joyful play will add years to your life. Laughter has a huge impact on how we age. Have a beginner’s mindset. Learn through creating and playing. Commit to play each day regardless of how you are feeling.
How we age depends on how we live life. You are the greatest project you will ever work on. Aging is reversible and I can’t wait to bring this new course to you in 2023.