What do your clothes say about you?Jan 18, 2023
Clothing is an extension of who you are. You tell the world who you are, what you do, where you go and when, by what you wear on your back.
Your clothing is your business card. Your clothes reveal more about your internal life than you may realize. Every item in your closet is the result of a deeper, unconscious choice. Your closet is a window into your internal self.
I want to share 5 ways you tell the world how you feel by what your clothes are saying.
- Do you live in darkness? Darkness in two different ways. Are you always wearing dark clothing? Yes, I know it is slimming. Yes, it is easy to wear with other pieces. But have you considered wearing some bold colors? Colors that you are drawn to. And the opposite of being dark is being light. Smile more. Support other women. Let your personality shine through not only in your clothing but let it reflect from your face and shine your light.
- Do you wear what you love? You have a choice every morning as to what you will wear. Life is too short to wear things you don’t love. Once you are dressed, can you say out loud “I love this outfit!” What great pieces will you wear today?
- Do you take risks? You can wear clothing that makes you feel something. Do you want to feel more youthful, sexy, outgoing, or happy? Take risks. Try some cool readers. Combine your clothing differently. Be a risk taker.
- Do you over accessorize? Accessories should complete your outfit, not compete with it. When used properly, your accessories can enhance an outfit and the wearer. When piled on, accessories detract from the overall look and distract the eye. You could be saying your life is out of balance when you are over accessorizing.
- Do you have a bland wardrobe? When your internal state is flatlining, your external appearance often follows. Are you wearing clothing that is uninspired, heavy on the neutrals, worn-out, or dirty? A bland wardrobe is likely to reflect an internal feeling of blah. Switching to more inspiring pieces can immediately take you from feeling blah to bright.
It is easy to blend in when you are not feeling good about yourself. Let clothing be your go-to feel better fixer. Give it a try. Let me know how it goes for you.