What Not to Wear - EVERNov 08, 2023
Over the years of working with women, I’ve discovered a few things that women should NEVER wear because it doesn’t look good on any of us. I’m not going to put you down (like some of those reality shows) but hopefully lift you up. Here goes – What Not to Wear -EVER.
- Too Many Hats. Wearing more than one hat is not your best look. When you wear too many hats it’s easy to forget which hat you are wearing. As a woman, you wear many hats, but remember to wear them one at a time and do it on purpose. It’s okay to say NO. As my husband says – “No” is a complete sentence.
- Stiff Upper Lip. It’s okay to show emotion. You don’t have to be stoic all the time. That stiff upper lip is only going to cause undue lines on your face.
- Shame. We have all done things we are not proud of, but do you have to carry it with you as an accessory? No way. Let go of your less-than-best moments and move forward.
- Regret. Of course, there are things we all regret but the past is the past. You can’t change it so there is no need to wear it. The next time there is a choice ask yourself if you will regret not doing it or saying it or purchasing it. You have a choice. Use it.
- Rose- Colored Glasses. If you are wearing rose colored glasses, you are not looking at your surroundings realistically. Yes, reality stinks sometimes but we need to deal with it head on. Take off those rose-colored glasses and let us see those beautiful eyes!
- The Weight of the World. If you wear the weight of the world on your shoulders, you will age. Do you really like that feeling? Maybe you need to fast from the media and listen to motivation podcasts or read inspiring books.
- Buts. How often do you hear this one? “I’m happy BUT… I would BUT…” The bigger your “but” the unhappier you become. Unhappiness is not a good look on anyone.
The most beautiful women I have known are those who have known defeat, suffering, struggle, loss and have found their way out of the depths. Beautiful people don’t just happen. Think about what you are going to purge and not wear again – EVER!